In order to participate in Icettes, skaters must be registered before tryouts.
To register, use District 196 Fee Pay. Middle School skaters should register
through their future High School. You must have a valid sports physical on file
to participate in Icettes.
For specific tryout requirements refer to the link on the right of this page. Skaters should treat all tryouts the exact same way they would a competition. Hair should be neat, competition dress, clean tights, etc.
Skaters have the option to try-out for one or a combination of the
- JV Individual Team (no try-out required)
- Varsity Individual Team (try-out required)
- JV Synchro Team (try-out required)
- Varsity Synchro Team (try-out required)
All skaters must hold memberships in the following:
- ISI. (Ice Skating Institute): ALL TEAM MEMBERS. If you do not have a home ISI club, you will be registered as a member of the ISI by District 196.
- US Figure Skating. This is only required if you plan to compete individually at a USFS competition. If you are interested in obtaining a membership, and do not have a home club, you will be able to obtain a basic skills membership through the Apple Valley Skate School, or an individual membership on your own.
All skaters are encouraged to have private lessons in Freestyle, Field Moves and Ice Dance with a goal of testing moves in the field regularly. It is important that all skaters remain eligible to participate in USFS and ISI sanctioned events.
Skaters are expected to abide by the rules set forth by the Minnesota State High School League (M.S.H.S.L.).
Paperwork must be completed through your future high school.
The coaches will make all initial team placements. Skills assessment at the appropriate level
is not a guarantee of placement on a particular team or in a position on the line. All lines will
comply with age and field moves tests as required. Overall skating ability, stamina, strength,
maturity, and ability to learn quickly and adapt to last-minute changes are also factors taken
into consideration in selecting team members. It is possible for a skater to be reassigned to either
Varsity or JV during the course of the season.